Pages

Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Full Body Workout

Today I completed a full body workout at the gym in my neighborhood.  Instead of driving the 1.5 miles to the fitness center, I braved the walk, and I'm so glad that I did! I incorporated my walk into the workout circuit I wanted to do by beginning with the walk and adding in some high-incline treadmill walking in the middle of the circuit.  I would've jogged to the gym and back but I haven't mastered jogging while holding various items (keys, waterbottle, phone, etc).  And when I tried jogging with all these things in my hands, I was sorely reminded that I need to invest in a darn good sports bra if I'm going to work out while I'm still nursing!

Here is the circuit, but feel free to change out the walking with jogging, stair master, elliptical, bike, etc, as long as you get your heart rate up!





I used the machine for most of the weight lifting exercises except for the bicep curls, deadlifts and leg presses.  Here are some great links for how to do  leg raises, hip lifts, dead lifts, and how to do a leg press without the machine.

I used 10 pound hand weights and 20-30 pounds on the machines.  Go at your own pace and do not use more weight than you are comfortable with.  You will build up to a higher weight eventually.

At the end of every workout, I do 10 vertical arm raises using 5 pound hand weights.  This is my challenge to myself.  It is extremely hard for me to do just ten of these so I'm using this exercise as a tool to measure my fit level. 

On my way back from the gym, I took a more scenic route for my cool down walk.  I live in a gorgeous neighborhood in a small suburb of Houston, Texas.  I do not take enough advantage of my surroundings, but hopefully this summer I will make more use out of the beautiful walking trails my neighborhood has to offer.









Where is your favorite outdoor spot to go for a walk?  Do you have a place close by you would like to start spending time at this summer?




No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips