Pages

Tuesday, March 19, 2013

The Beginning...

I'm beginning this blog in hopes of using it as a motivating tool.  I figure if I have something keeping me accountable, I'm more likely to stick with a lifestyle change than in the past.  In the past, I'd call it "dieting" or "starting to workout until... (insert excuse to stop exercising here)" but as of eight weeks ago today, it is definitely going to be a lifestyle change. On that special day, I was given the best gift in the world - a beautiful, healthy baby girl.


My Daughter Haley


I made a promise to her that I would stop my unhealthy lifestyle and exchange it for one that would ensure that I would be around for a long, long time.

This doesn't mean I will never eat a cookie or slice of pie again.  That would be crazy talk! It means I will be able to run around the park with my daughter Haley and not get winded.  It means I'll be able to keep up with her when I help her practice for her big soccer game.  It means I'll set a good example by not finishing off an entire batch of chocolate chip cookies - before they even hit the oven (yes this has, unfortunately happened).

I'm asking you to help keep me accountable by following along with me on my weight loss, get fit journey.  In return, I will post healthy recipes, workout routines, and offer endless support to anyone wanting to hop aboard the fit carousel with me.

I originally named this blog "Fit Carousel" after how it feels every time I decide to get healthy.  I hop aboard with so much energy in the beginning, but I never seem to get anywhere.  Eventually, I hope off, gain back whatever weight I happened to lose - plus some - and later I end up hopping right back on.  I never meet my goals, I just go in circles and become frustrated.

That is not going to happen this time.  This time I have the ultimate motivator and reason to be fit.

First Time Seeing Each other


So keep checking in for tons of great posts, not only for recipes and workouts, but for other interesting topics like home organization tips. crafts, lesson plans for teachers, cool DIY projects and more!




At my goal weight in 2008 of 120 pounds
At my current weight of 151 pounds


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips