Pages

Thursday, April 18, 2013

Weigh in Wednesday Week 5

Wow - its been five weeks since I began this journey!  I still haven't had fast food, I still haven't been snacking as much (4-5 pm is my weak hour!), and I'm trying to stay as active as I can.  It's been tough with work, although I do work on my feet which helps me burn a few extra calories.  I wonder if dealing with wild and crazy teenagers burns calories?  My students all have "spring fever" and have totally checked out.  When I told them that they have been infected with spring fever and its going around the 8th grade BAD, they asked what it was and if everyone was going to be okay. Cute!

So anyways, stepping on the scale yesterday, I actually felt very confident.  I have been too busy to eat too horribly.  I usually pack a deli sandwich for lunch which satisfies me but is very low calorie (about 200 calories, plus a 100 calorie snack like an apple or cheez its).  But I was still shocked when I saw that the scale read 143.2!  In 5 weeks I have lost 8 pounds! 

I now weigh around what I weighed when I found out I was pregnant.  My weight has always fluctuated around a 4lb grayscale, and at that time I was between 138-142.  Almost down to my pre-pregnancy weight! 

I have re-worked my goals a bit for over the summer.  We decided to keep our nanny for the summer, since I will be teaching summer school (hopefully) and going to a lot of trainings.  I'm going to use the free time I have while we have child care to get some serious exercise in.  I want to be able to run 3 miles again without feeling like my chest is going to explode.  Running is one part of my goal.  The other is to lose a pound a week.  I have about 9 weeks till the end of summer (geez it hasn't even started yet, I do NOT want to start a count down).  That would put me at 134 at the start of the school year.  I think I can do it.  No, I KNOW i can do it!

... and so can you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips