Pages

Thursday, April 25, 2013

Weigh In Wednesday - Week 6



This week I wasn't expecting much on the scale since last week I had such a great weight loss (3 pounds).  I was right - I pretty much stayed the same, at 143.4.   But I've done two major things differently this week so I'm expecting to lose again next Wednesday.




1.  Drink A LOT of water.  We're not talking 8 glasses a day.  I bought a 54 oz mug at Buc-ces and I fill it up TWICE a day with water.  At first it was hard to find the time and the will power to consume 128 ounces of water in a day.  However, working in a profession where I'm on my feet talking all day, I need to stay hydrated.  And the more I drank it, the more I got used to drinking so much water.

2.  Eat TONS of fiber.  I've been buying Oroweat Double Fiber bread.  Each slice contains 5 grams of fiber - so if I make a healthy sandwich for lunch, I get 10 grams of fiber! Thats more than a third of the recommended daily amount of fiber!  I have also started eating Fiber One brand pancakes for breakfast.  It comes in a dry mix.  Just add water, and they only take a few minutes to cook on the stove.  I sometimes mash a banana and add it for extra flavor.  Yum!










Also, if I get hungry in between meals, I eat a Fiber One Oat and Chocolate bar, or a Nature Valley protein bar with fiber.  They are very filling and do not taste diet at all!

Try these tips, and you will definitely feel more full throughout the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips