Pages

Monday, March 25, 2013

Working out With a Buddy

I am a huge advocate of the buddy system while working out.  Having a friend exercise with you is not only motivating and encouraging, it keeps you from getting bored!  I love going for runs with friends as opposed to by myself.  My competitive nature kicks into high gear as I struggle to keep up the pace.  Or, if there is something I happen to be good at, its a lot of fun to show my workout buddy what I know.

One of my best friends was in town this past week, and we were able to go to the gym together. While doing our cardio warm up, she told me that her arms are something she wants to work on.  My arms are actually one of my strongest points due to all the heavy lifting I've had to do in the restaurant business.  My core/abs are my weakest point that I need to work on.  Keeping in mind what we both wanted to work on, I created a super intense arms and abs workout for us to do at the gym.  It was tough and we are so sore now, but the difference in my work out ethic was incredible when having someone to go to the gym with.  I can't believe how much I was able to do!

Here is the plan:



My arms were jello when we finished this workout!  My friend has plans to come visit again this summer, and we made a promise to each other that we will be a couple of confident, fit girls ready for bathing suit season next time we're together!

Do you have a workout buddy?  I'd love to hear what you and your friends do to encourage each other to workout!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips